Monday, October 30, 2006

my back pages

going through some old files and notebooks i hadn't looked at in at least four yrs. finding things like:

1) the contact info for an old interview subject i've been asked for by strangers via email _dozens_ of times. turns out i had an email address after all (but it's no longer good - feh).

2) email from my old g-f wherein she complains about my "careless" attitude toward money, and the fact she wants me to buy her jewelry for valentine's day.

3) the setlist (from the dark ages of the internet) for the time i saw the who at forest hills in nyc, july 31st, 1971:

love ain't for keeping
pure and easy
my wife
i can't explain
substitute
bargain
behind blue eyes
magic bus
won't get fooled again
i don't know myself
baby don't you do it
pinball wizard
see me feel me
water
my generation
magic bus (again?)
naked eye
roadrunner

funny: i have absolutely no recollection of them playing the tommy and live at leeds songs at all. i hear their new alb is out tom'w.

such fascinating stuff, to me if no one else.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats the first time i saw The Who also. That was it for me.. They did me in.. No one would ever be quite as good as them.. They spoiled me for everyone else. I remember about half of the show i guess, musically speaking. I certainly remember them openeing with "Love Ain;t for Keeping" because the "Who's Next " album was still new in my head.. and hearing a rather rocking version of the that basically acoustic recording blew me away!
Cheers,
Larry
lachmann@earthlink.net

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home