Tuesday, October 03, 2006

virtual fakebook

i never sing in public, but when my kids were tee-tiny and i was too busy guarding freedom's frontier to join a band, i usedta strum 'n' sing to 'em at night. my oldest gtr-playing dtr and i usedta do a little of that together in days gone by, too, and her middle sister and i did some of the same after she moved in with me a few yrs back. prolly hadn't done it in yrs until the other night, and now i feel compelled to try and remember some of the songs i usedta sing for 'em back when (an odd melange of things my mother used to sing us when we were kids and a few innocuous li'l ditties by the who/velvets/beatles/kinks etc. that i learned over the yrs). when i'm too lazy to go back and listen to the rekkid (or don't actually own a recording -- my music collection has routinely gone into hock when the wolf was at the door), i go to songtrellis or chordie, which are generally better than all those shitty tab sites (altho some of the transcriptions still contain some howlers). it's much better than watching tv.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you notice howlers in SongTrellis postings, please send me an email (davidlu at songtrellis.com) so I can fix them up. I can revise those chord arrangements in a few minutes once someone points me at a better idea.

You can also use Workscore Chord Entry on SongTrellis, type in an alternate chord sequence and post that as a Harmony Project. That also would take just a few minutes and might get the idea across even faster than an email.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home