Saturday, April 21, 2007

fate lions

fate lions is a new project involving all of the members of the snowdonnas/destination venus crew. bysshe mourningstar, who's playing bass this time out, writes:

It's Jason Manriquez's project, the guy whose wife does those zines. He's been playing with Doug Burr and Greg Pherigo. He and I also have done an acoustic night at 4 star, not together but our own respective material. He's writing, singing, and playing rhythm guitar. Niki is playing lead guitar, Otto is playing drums, and I'm doing bass. My wife thinks it's kind of folky/alt-country. I think it's a bit Americana too. Jason has a good voice, interesting lyrics, and a somewhat catchy writing style. He's earnest, and a bit twangy just strumming out jangly chords. Niki [Saukam] is doing a Johny Marr on codeine impression, Otto [Bahn]'s trying to stay in the pocket like Ringo, and I'm doing my best to channel the spirit of John Paul Jones while keeping the image of Sting from David Lynch's 'Dune' in my head. It sounds like it'd be a trainwreck, but it actually seems to be coming together pretty naturally and cohesively. Now if we can get that down in the digits remains to be seen. [Snowdonnas frontguy] Tim [White] is engineering the recording, and possibly mixing it as well. It's all very incestuous as the scene will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home