Tuesday, July 10, 2007

the me-thinks do dallas

the mighty me-thinks go to dallas this friday the 13th for their first-evah show in big d, opening for their heroes the loco gringos at the lakewood bar & grill.

john holbrook, a local photog whose work captures the spiritual 'n' iconic elements in the visages of normal / somewhat marginal folks, saw ray liberio sing at fred's fest with both the me-thinks and the stoogeband, and when i met him the other day at the market (same day i helped bob ray sanders find his umbrella), john commented favorably on ray-boy's energy and his sonic similarity to lemmy.

then yesterday, my sweetie was listening to the replacements' first alb, sorry mom, forgot to take out the trash, and commenting that the early 'mats sounded more 'n a little like haltom city's pride. (after they went mainstream and signed to sire, of course, they sounded like ray davies fronting the faces.) simulacra abound!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

re 'Mats: Stink is even more Me-Thinks like, albeit revved up a bit.

imho. ymmv. ipso facto.

9:36 PM  
Blogger stashdauber said...

i think it's possible the "me-stinks" are aware of this, too. before the "make mine a double e.p." was released, marlin gave me a cd-r of some rough mixes labeled "the me-thinks suck."

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home