Wednesday, March 05, 2008

bob seger

this morning i'm listening to bob seger -- who before he commenced sucking in the '70s was a prime example of motor city grease and soul a la the mc5 and rationals -- and reading the seth man on bob's ramblin' gamblin' man alb and "2+2=?" and "heavy music" singles, dee-troit ramalama at its very finest.

i'm not much of a lyric-listener (or haven't been since about '73, at any rate), but "ramblin' gamblin' man" has my very fave lyrics of any rawk song save "kick out the jams":

I was born lonely down by the riverside
Learned to spin fortune wheels, and throw dice
I was just 13 when I had to leave home
Knew I couldn't stick around, I had to roam
Ain't good looking, but you know I ain't shy
Ain't afraid to look you girl, in the eye
So if you need some lovin, and you need it right away
Take a little time out, and maybe I'll stay

But I got to ramble (ramblin' man)
Oh I got to gamble (gamblin' man)
Got to got to ramble (ramblin' man)
I was born a ramblin' gamblin' man

Out of money, cause you know I need some
Ain't gonna run outta lovin', I'm on the run
Gotta keep moving, never gonna slow down
You can have your funky world, see you 'round


1 Comments:

Blogger bodega train said...

Not too familiar with the early Bob Seger. My main memory of him was his opening set for Kiss.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home