Friday, May 16, 2008

my ma and les rallizes denudes

was awakened this a.m. by a call from the assisted living joint in jersey where my ma lives, informing me that she'd fallen last night. my big sis says ma's been having hallucinations, too -- just like dad. a disturbing start to the day. we were planning to head that way this summer some time. will have to see what my big sis finds out.

while i was chatting w/her online, a young friend from here in town hit me up to let me know about yet another new les rallizes denudes release, so now i'm downloading it while i wait for the coffee to make. (thanks, darren!)

ADDENDUM: first track "zouka no genya" _destroys_ -- imagine dick dale's deltones mashing it up with the funhouse stooges, or a much more frenetic '66 velvets, or the end-of-song feedback meltdowns from live at leeds extended to epic length. yeah!

FURTHER ADDENDUM: first and third tracks on the first disc are the best, most out there things i've heard from this band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home