Saturday, August 23, 2008

fwtx, 8.23.2008

went with my niece to a diner to complete my nj experience. had a big breakfast (homemade corned beef hash, scrambled eggs, real homefries, toast, oj, coffee) before stopping by to see my ma. my big sis generously offered to let me take her gtr home with me, but i didn't wanna complicate the check-in process. besides, i never play at home.

slept most of the flight. lots of the country was overcast, but only scattered clouds on arrival at dfw. texas sure looks flat and barren after nj. 183 was a parking lot. flight arrived 20 minutes early but had to wait for another aircraft to clear the gate. twas good to see my sweetie again.

stopped at benito's on the way home and saw the usual number of ppl we know (greg barr 'n' wife, chris plavidal from stumptone 'n' family, chuck from the gideons 'n' michelle). food tasted good. had planned to go to the chatroom to hear great tyrant 'n' restaurant, but once we got home, i didn't wanna be anywhere else. spent the evening hunkering w/our pointy-eared overlords and crashed early (i'd been up since 6am local).

good trip overall. happy to be back.

ADDENDUM: also contemplating a convo i had with my big sis on our shared propensity for drinking to the point of oblivion.

1 Comments:

Blogger andrew m. said...

welcome home

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home