Saturday, January 10, 2009

further fraf

aaron gonzalez penned these heartfelt words in tribute to fraf:

I just got word that Chad Percy, also known as Caddilac Fraf, has passed away. Don't know all the details, but I do know it was a result of the head injury he had recently sustained in his scooter accident, for which he had been in the hospital some time now. He will be missed by many. He was known as a quintessential part of the Fort Worth musical community, often playing impromptu sets at the end of many a punk, rock, jazz, country, noise, or other kind of show with his own brand of freewheeling punk-folk jams, often accompanied by various friends, be they offkey drunks, or seasoned musicians. Anyone who encountered him knew he was a genuine soul, very no nonsense, freethinking, a kind person who would always be there for those he loved. I didn't know him as well as some, but I had hung out with him enough to be moved and saddened by the loss of a good person who had been around me since I first started playing shows, and had always shared a kind word, a stimulating notion, or a poignant musical experience. I just looked at his myspace page. In the "about me" section, it simply said "livin'". Thanks to all those whose lives he touched, he still will be for quite a long time......
Goodbye, friend. You are loved.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this.
Beyond the hope for a better outcome for farf, I suspect there are far fewer bends in the road where he is now. Godspeed, young man.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Verniques said...

I only met the Fraf once...when we shared a bill together on the last night of The Wreck Room. He kept telling me he was gonna play on the roof...and I really thought he was gonna do it, too! Sweet guy, great musical sensibilities, with an outstandingly original and unique style.

So sad to hear of his passing...he was definitely a TRUE musical original.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home