Thursday, January 13, 2011

1.13.2011, FTW

When I hit 40, I realized that I'd never read Moby Dick or Huck Finn -- a condition unacceptable to someone as obsessed with America and American-ness as I am -- and immediately set about doing something about it. Right now, I'm reading Allen Lowe's American Pop -- From Minstrel to Mojo: On Record 1893-1956 and realizing that I've never listened to Jelly Roll Morton, Doc Boggs, Blind Lemon Jefferson, or Louis Armstrong (to name just four). Another project for 2011 and beyond...

2 Comments:

Blogger Hank said...

Love Jelly Roll Morton, Blind Lemon Jefferson, and Louis. I used to listen to the hot fives and hot sevens non stop. Might be time to hit that up again.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Grubbermeister said...

Oh, sure. Just pass over the greatest book of all time, "To Be The Man"... again! Hmph!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home